Cycle Club Ride 27th March 2022
Next ride is 27th March 2022, it’s an intermediate road ride, where good fitness is required, with mostly well-paved surfaces and suitable for most skill levels.
Heading east along the river by Crew’s Hole towards Hanham and onto Bitton, pulling in at the Avon Valley Railway carpark for water and snacks, before heading up Brewery Hill into Upton Cheney. Following quiet country roads, before briefly hopping on the A420 to get us to Warmley Waiting Rooms for a proper coffee and cake stop. After a relaxing break we follow the Bristol-Bath Cycle path all the way back to the Taproom.
- 22.1 miles, Warmley Waiting Rooms Loop
- 1,393 ft elevation
- Avg. 11 mph
- Meet at 10:30 @ Newtown Park Taproom, drop bags
- Head off around 10:45
- Cycle to Avon Valley Railway with water stop, country roads to Warmley Waiting Rooms for a proper coffee and cake stop, regroup, head back to the tappy via Bristol-Bath Cycle Path
- Aim to complete in 2.5-ish hours
- Arrive back at the tappy for cold pints
For full route details, check out the route on Strava
Please see our Cycle Club guidelines for information about our club & how we operate.